The Ocean County College’s Safety Department works with the Toms River Police Department to safeguard and serve the college community. Our campus is patrolled 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Department of Campus Safety and Security
The mission of the Ocean County College’s Department of Campus Safety is to support the educational mission of the College by promoting safety, providing a variety of emergency services, and working in collaboration with the entire college and the community. The Department of Campus Safety will partner with students, faculty, staff and visitors to provide a safe and secure learning environment. The goal is to deliver high quality, professional, efficient, and consistent safety services to the campus and to proactively build and strengthen specialized partnerships that engage the community through education and awareness to reduce crime.
“Professionally and compassionately providing a safe learning environment.”
Campus Safety works with the Toms River Police to safeguard and serve the college community. Our campus is patrolled twenty-four hours a day seven days a week.
Officers respond to emergencies, regulate the flow of traffic and enforce parking regulations and college policies. Our officer’s are certified in CPR/AED, First Aid, Oxygen and Naloxone Administration and maintain S.O.R.A. certifications. The officer’s also receive training through the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office, Ocean County Sheriff’s Department and various other State and Local Agencies.
The Ocean County College Department of Campus Safety and Security will not discriminate in the performance of security duties or delivery of security services, based on personal prejudices or partiality of department personnel toward classes of people based on specified characteristics.
Fair and Bias-free Treatment
Conduct of department personnel wherein all people are treated in the same manner under the same or similar circumstances irrespective of specified characteristics.
Emergency & Safety Alerts
Emergency call boxes are located in campus buildings and in all parking lots.
From On Campus: General Information 2170, Emergency 2200
From Off Campus: General Information 732-255-0451
Hours: Open 24 hours per day
Location: Our headquarters is located in Building 30, the Security/Welcome Center at the South end of Lot 1
- Fire Hydrant Locations (PDF)
- AED Locations (PDF)
- EvacuTrac Locations (PDF)
- Parking Lot Emergency Call Boxes (PDF)
- Emergency Procedures (PDF)
- Campus Security Authorities Reporting Form
If you become aware of any crimes that have not been reported to the campus safety department, please complete a Campus Security Authority report. Completing the form will take only a few minutes and your assistance will support the College in maintaining compliance with this federal law. If you have any questions regarding reporting obligations, please contact the Director of College Safety and Security at 732-255-0451 or extension 2543.
Submit the competed report to the Director of Campus Safety and Security at email@example.com
On select days and times, we can also process new Student ID’s at the Jon & Judith Larson Student Center (Building 8), Security Office. Please check the door for times that the office is open.
Benefits of Having a Student ID Card
- Access services and borrow materials from the college library
- Purchase theatre and planetarium tickets at discounted prices
- Opportunity to sell back your textbooks
- Access to student only events, discounts and activities
Community Service Officers are 十大靠谱棋牌登录官网 students who are CPR certified and provide assistance to our department. Some of the services CSOs provide include:
- Escorting individuals to and from their vehicle
- Parking enforcement and perimeter security at special events
- Monitoring closed circuit television
- Patrolling the campus on foot ensuring a positive perception of safety and professionalism serving as a visual deterrent to crime and misconduct.
The mission of the Safety Committee is to promote a safe and secure College environment conducive to education by fostering a strong awareness of safety/security and reducing or eliminating crime, accidents, injuries, and illnesses throughout Ocean County College.
- Our bike patrol officers are carefully selected and are required to pass a rigorous in-service training class. Bicycle patrol officers are an important component of this department’s strategy for accomplishing its public safety objectives due to their mobility, stealth, and increased visibility as well as their ability to facilitate a variety of public safety and crime prevention operations. Furthermore, it enables officers to get out of the more traditional patrol car and makes them more available to members of the campus community. Officers assigned to Bike Patrol perform the same duties as officers assigned to vehicle patrol. Officers on bikes are assigned patrol areas and answer assigned calls. Our bike officers have repeatedly demonstrated their value as a rapid response resource at sporting events, medical emergencies, and numerous other special events on campus.
In Case of EMERGENCY
In case of emergency, contact the Department of Campus Safety and Security at:
If you are calling from a Campus Phone, please dial:
Campus Safety Officer Recruitment
We Want You!
The Department of Campus Safety and Security is looking for motivated individuals to join our team. You should be responsible, punctual, dependable, ethical, a team player and have good communications skills.
For more information, contact the Department of Campus Safety and Security at 732-255-0451.